Re: A few quesion about mods ...

Sorry for the delay in response my machine lost it's mind and I found
it easier to reload than repair.

Greg Holdren wrote:
Second question deals with networking. I didn't see any references to
the AT91 & networking and I'm going to be adding the 'packet whacker'
board (RTL8019, later an AX88796) does anyone have a reference to
work done adding networking to an ECOS package?

The driver for the Cirrus Logic CS8900 is in the tree. This is what other
EB40 users have used for the network interface on this board.
I picked up a 3.3V version CS8900-CQ3 to this but havnt got around to
putting it on mine yet. Lineo (sp) made a EB40 like board with the CS8900 on
it with extra memory, BTW.

Excellent! Makes my job much easier for the port of the RTL8019, the AX88976 and later our custom board with the AX88976 chip.

I didn't know about the Lineo board I'll take a look. Thanks!

I picked up my module up from http://www.edtp.com/

That's where I got my RTL8019 board (the Packet Whacker) they have an AX88976 board in the works but if that takes too long I'll just get the PIC or AVR board with the AX88976 on it. A little more expensive but it's a one off.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)