Re: ecos file system interface to FIS

Joshua Boyd said:
> I was just wondering why there wasn't a file system interface
> (i.e. supporting calls like fopen, fwrite, fread, and fclose) to FIS.
> I've been scanning the sources and the mailing list archive, and it
> appears that the only place FIS is touched is in redboot, and I'm
> wondering why only there, before I write an ecos application that
> handles FIS directly.

I guess that this just hadn't occurred to anyone :-)

Before you write your application that uses FIS directly (first, don't
forget that there are RedBoot virtual vector interfaces already for this),
perhaps you might consider writing the file system wrapper(*) instead?

(*) which, of course, we'd like to see contributed to the codebase.