Re: comiling and running 'hello world'

Please copy your replies to the list.  Free support is only provided
on the list so that all may benefit.  Further private responses will
be ignored.

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 06:15, Bier Meister wrote:
> I chose the template:
> ARM Development Board PID
>
> With the default packages

I just tried this, following the rules (below) and did not observe
the same problem.  Note however, that the standard simulator does
not provide the "ARM/PID" I/O environment, so this really doesn't
do very much.  If you want a PID simulator, try using SID.  Search
the eCos mailing list archives for the many threads along this topic.

> Gary Thomas wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 02:53, Bier Meister wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I compiled the 'hello world!' example from the eCos 2.0 user guide using
> >>the following command:
> >>(my current directory is <proj>/proj_install/lib)
> >>
> >>arm-elf-gcc -g -I ../include/ hello.c -L ./ -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib

This is not how you build an eCos application.  Please refer to the
manual, or my demonstration pages.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates