RE: Scheduler Problem

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 05:55, James Yates wrote:
> Gary,
>
>    Ho I haven't run any of the test programs. Are these built with the same memory model. Because I am using a custom bootloader due to project requirements everything has to be placed exactly right. Also I have just noticed that when corrupted output is sent to my serial port once cyg_scheduler_start() is called, pressing enter on the terminal causes another line of corrupted out to appear. I think perhaps a rom monitor stub is in the way? I tried disabling all gdb_stub related options but now get no diag output. :-(

Build the tests using the same kernel (and memory model) as the
application you are testing.  Start with the HAL & kernel tests -
they'll tell you something about whether the basic system is working.

As for the "strange" output - it's probably a GDB string.  Can you
send it to use?  If it looks something like "$T004;...", then it is
definitely GDB telling you that the program has gone awry.   Connect
to the board using GDB and you can learn a lot more.