Trouble with SCC3 on AdderII module

Hi All,

I have a A&M AdderII module and I am trying to communicate using the serial port. The serial port on the AdderII uses SCC3 (the only SCC available on the MPC852T). However, when I do a cyg_io_lookup( "/dev/scc3", &scc_handle ), the call fails becase SCC3 is not in the driver list.

I build eCos under Windows using the Configuration Tool. I check the "Hardware serial device drivers" option and the "PowerPC QUICC/SCC serial port 3 driver" selection under it.

From my experience using SCC1 on the Viper, I know the following line should be in the \pkgconf\system.h file:

#define CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_DEVICE_HEADER <pkgconf/io_serial_powerpc_quicc_smc.h>

This line is not in the \pkgconf\system.h file for the AdderII, but I can't figure out why not. This is preventing the pkgconf\io_serial_powerpc_quicc_smc.h file from being included in the \pkgconf\io_serial.h file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Randall
Delta Digital Video