From: James Yates [mailto:j.yates@quartzuk.com]
Sent: Tuesday 07 October 2003 03:24 PM
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] Footprint size.

Can anyone tell me what they think should be the approximate footprint size
of a basic eCos kernel built on an SH or i386 platform. I am in the process
of porting to a new SH2 processor and target platform, but when I build my
eCos library libtarget.a comes out at 2924kB. This sounds excessively large
to me but I am new to eCos so have no idea of what it should be.

   Can anyone help?

	Many THanks in advance.

		James Yates

Siemens Traffic Controls is a division of Siemens plc. Registered No.
727817, England.
Registered office: Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8FZ.

This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the addressee.
If you are not the addressee please note that any distribution,
reproduction, copying, publication or use of this communication
or the information in it is prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please contact us immediately and also
delete the communication from your computer.