i82559 falls in loop !!

I built eCos with freeBSD IPv6 and downloaded on ARM Integrator board. The
board has i82559 NIC connected with a Linux Box via cross cable. When I
start ping6 flood from Linux Box, I receive echo replies for some time.
After some time i82559 NIC starts misbehaving. It keeps on sending same
packet again and again and forever. ping6 statistics shows around 90%
duplicate packets. Even after stopping ping6, i82559 keeps on sending same
packet. I did issue Ctrl-C on gdb prompt and then quited from the gdb, still
I keep on receiving same echo reply at Linux Box. i82559 keeps on sending
the packet until I reset the ARM board. First I though it is replying for
queued echo requests. But it is sending same packet and that too forever.
Has anyone seen this problem before? backtrace at gdb prompt shows "Loop3"
as the last function call but I think this should not be a software problem
because even after issuing Ctrl-C and quitting from gdb prompt, Linux Box
keeps on receiving same packet forever.

Regards
Mohanlal