Re: Keeping 2.0 source tree up to date

>> No, what I want is an automated way to find out what's changed
>> since 2.0.  If I knew it would be useful, I could probably
>> argue BOFH into allowing access to the CVS server.
>
> One way to get this is to generate diffs (on the CVS trunk) using
> the release tag, e.g.
>
>   cvs diff -r ecos-v2_0-release

Ah. That's what I was looking for.  I was hoping to do it from
my ecos-2.0 tree, but that just isn't going to work.  It looks
like the best option is to "co" a CVS "current" tree and do the
diffs there.

> If you can't use CVS though, you're rather stuck.

Through the miracle of ssh port-forwarding, I do have cvs
working now -- don't tell BOFH.  Though it's a bit inconvenient
if I want to deal with more than a single outside CVS server.

> Note: I've done this just today (to test the theory) and can make
> the patches available on my website.  Try:
>   http://www.mlbassoc.com/ecos_patches/diffs-2003-09-22.gz
> If this is useful to the community, I can automate this and post
> the diffs, probably once a week.

Thanks for the offer, but now that I have cvs working I think I
can generate the info I'm looking for.  I just need to decide
whether to build product from the ecos-2.0 tree with selected
updates (which means it's not really 2.0), or from the
"current" tree (which means I've got to figure out how to
control updates).

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com