Re: YES! redboot and eb40a success story :)

> I used your below mentioned patch and redboot lifes now in both halfes
> of flash (STD/USER Jumper, angel is dead now) an is in best health!!!
> -> Works like a charm.

The STD/USER jumper is just an inversion of an address bit.

However, note that the EB40a flash isn't heterogenous. It has 0x2000
and 0x10000 size sectors.

I assume you are not deploying the EB40a board, so you probably want to leave
the jumper in the position(SDT?) where 0x1000000-0x1010000 has 0x2000 long
sectors.

> Yes, thats clear to me, I only wondered were BDI2000 or/and arm-elf-gdb
> gets there start and offset addresses from...

arm-elf-gdb when connecting to the target with BDI JTAG debugger does not have
a start address. It simply halts the CPU. After a reset, the BDI JTAG debugger
messes around with the remap registers(I haven't needed to look to carefully at
what it is doing).

The concept of a "start address" doesn't really apply in the same way as it
exists for PC applications(Linux/Windows). The situation is much more analogous
to using the gdb "attach" command for a PC application.

Øyvind