RE: PCI Ethernet card (DHCP issue)

How the PCI interrupts are mapped depends on how the physical slots
are hooked up - both how the IDSEL pins are connected and how the
INT[A-D] signals go.

Since almost all cards only support the INTA signal, IIRC it is
recommended (not required) in the PCI spec that the interrupts be
done like this:

slot #    slot signal    motherboard
                         signal

1         INTA           INTA
1         INTB           INTB
1         INTC           INTC
1         INTD           INTD

2         INTA           INTB
2         INTB           INTC
2         INTC           INTD
2         INTD           INTA

3         INTA           INTC
3         INTB           INTD
3         INTC           INTA
3         INTD           INTB

4         INTA           INTD
4         INTB           INTA
4         INTC           INTB
4         INTD           INTC

and this repeats for more slots or other on-board
devices using that same PCI bus segment.  This makes
for the minimum amount of interrupt sharing by
spreading the add-in card INTA signals across all
the PCI INT signals.