Re: eCos net threads

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 11:19:06AM +0200, Daniel Lidsten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the default setup i can see that eCos net background thread is put on
> priority 7 and the "fast net" is set to run on prio 6. Can it be any
> problem is i enable timeslicing and put them on the same priority? Do
> they need to be run at separat priorities?

I think these values we determined from experiments. Having the fast
net thread higher than the background thread resulted in higher
network throughput. I believe it still works with them being the same,
but i think the performance drops. The actual values, 6 and 7, doesn't
matter. You could quite easily use 20 and 21, or 10 and 13 etc. Just
use what ever fits best with your other threads in the system.

    Andrew