Re: hybrid kernel

Satish Kumar wrote:
Hi,
I m interested in implementing this hybrid kernel were i have the eCos/uITRON as my real time kernel, which supports a secondary kernel (i.e embedded linux). this architecture has some drivers implemented using the embedded linux kernel and some using the real time kernel.

That has not yet ever been done with eCos, and I would be surprised if it has been done with uITRON. So be careful what you are letting yourself in for.

now, my concern here is regarding the choice of my real time
kernel, which i am not able to decide..i.e wheather to choose uITRON or
eCos..coz i m only aware of eCos RTOS, and know nothing about the uITRON
RTOS. i believe that the footprint of eCos is much less compared to the uITRON, but how about their performance comparision..how do i go
about find their performace, to decide on my real time kernel.

Write tests to do the same thing in both of course.