Re: Thread execution time

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 10:54:19AM +0200, Michele Portolan wrote:
> Hi,
> how can I know the time quantum left by eCos to a thread, i.e. the time
> between two context switches?

Im not sure i understand what you mean. Do you mean how long does a
thread run before it is round robin time sliced by another thread at
the same priority? By default a thread runs for five ticks. Its
controlled by CYGNUM_KERNEL_SCHED_TIMESLICE_TICKS.

> Is there also a way to estimate the time needed by "load context" only and
> not complete context switch?

What exactly are you trying to work out? What is the reason behind these
questions.

        Andrew