Re: [porting] Arcom (xScale) Viper card support?

Gary means that if they ship Redboot with their product, the GPL obliges
them to provide you at least with a patch against the public
ecos/redboot sources that contains the modifications that were necessary
to get it running on that particular board. Just ask them!

Bob

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 20:57, John Wasinger wrote:
> Gary Thomas wrote:
>
> >John Wasinger wrote:

> >>Its running a PXA255 xScale processor.
> >>
> >>http://www.arcom.com/products/icp/dev_kits/default2.htm  (we purchased
> >>the Embedded Linux kit)
> >>
> >>I recently e-mailed their support line requesting for the following files:
> >>redboot_RAM_ALTMAP.ecm
> >>redboot_ROM_ALTMAP.ecm
> >>redboot_RAM.ecm
> >>redboot_ROM.ecm
> >>
> >>Is this a good way to start?  Are there any other configuration type
> >>files that are used when building RedBoot?
> >>
> >Actually, because of the GPL they should be willing to give you the
> >entire tree for their port (which will be many more files than this).
> >
> They Shipped the cross compiler tools and the RedHat Linux 7.3 disks.
ir. Bob Koninckx
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                   tel.  +32 16 322535
Machine Design and Automation                      fax.  +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                  bob.koninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium               http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma