Re: more than one serial drivers

Jonathan Larmour wrote:
[...]
Yes you can have both multiple instances of the same driver (for different ports with the same chip) and multiple different drivers. You can't just pull packages in to your configuration though... it's up to the board specific serial driver package to do that as it contains the details on hardware layout etc.

As far as I understand from your answers, I can only have one serial driver package at all. And extending one serial driver package to more "channels" is easy, that far you are right.

But I do not know how I could combine two very different packages like
mine: one is like the AT91 builtin, the other is based on the
16550/generic package.

I would like to understand what goes wrong in my case, where do those
two packages collide? I expected that the build system detects a
conflict and aborts with an error, but it just builds "something" and
only the second driver survives. So what is so different about _serial_
drivers, all other drivers can co-exist without any problem?

So when I want to make this working, would I have to modify the build
system (ecosconfig) ?

Thomas