Help with floppy start up type

Hey There,

I built eCos library for i386 PC target. Then i compiled the sample hello
program in examples dir in ecos distribution. Then with the following
commands copied the hello binary onto floppy.

$fdformat /dev/fd0H1440  (format floppy drive)
$i386-elf-objcopy -O binary hello hello.bin (convert elf to binary)
$dd conv=sync if=app.bin of=/dev/fd0H1440 (copy onto floppy)

But when i tried to boot with the floppy disk to test the 'hello' binary ,
the binary boots properly(I can see the dots). But after that I see an
empty screen with cursor blinking.

Any help on where I am going wrong. In the configuration tool, I have
chosen Startup Type = FLOPPY and enabling the Build GDB Stub option.

Regards,
Praveena

"HAKUNA MATATA"

This Message and any attachments is intended solely for the addresses and is confidential.
If you receive this message in error or if you are not the intended recipient, please delete the mail.
Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
Please inform us in case of erroneous delivery, thanks for your cooperation.