Re: PCI Ethernet card

At 03:08 PM 8/9/2003 -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:
I'm running just what ships with Red Hat 9:

Gary the problem is on the ECOS side. Your DHCP server accurately printed out that your machine requested an address, and it offered it a valid address. For what ever reason the BOOTP/DHCP code on the ECOS side did not act on that offer.

I'd look at the IP code to see if the return packet even made it past the ethernet driver. The _CHATTER flag will help here. Its possible that even though you have BOOTP enabled the DHCP server responded with a DHCP ack. That is what ethereal will tell you.

--Chuck