	From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com on behalf of Satish
Kumar
	Sent: Tue 8/5/2003 10:38 PM
	To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
	Subject: [ECOS] Should `$` be typed always to switch from
Redboot to GDB Stub

	Hi,
	    I have a ROM startup RedBoot running on my arm926ej-s target
	board. i m trying to test a hello RAM application on my target.
	after i typed in `$` at the RedBoot prompt, and disconnected the
	hyperterminal..i m expecting that the GDB Stub is now activated
	and i should be able to download by hello RAM application and
test
	it successfull.
	                 But, the GDB stub fails to respond and the
download
	fails..i get the following output:
	$ arm-elf-gdb -nw hello
	GNU gdb 5.3 (eCosCentric)
	GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are
	welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions.
	There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty"
for details.
	This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin
--target=arm-elf"...
	(gdb) set remotebaud 115200
	(gdb) target remote com1
	Remote debugging using com1
	Ignoring packet error, continuing...
	Ignoring packet error, continuing...
	Ignoring packet error, continuing...
	Couldn't establish connection to remote target
	Malformed response to offset query, timeout
	(gdb)

	how can i ensure the GDB Stub is workin fine. i m using
	ADS tool with JTAG interface to debug my code..but i m having
	no clue to which state the RedBoot has switched after typing
	`$` character at the RedBoot prompt..

	some one help me..

	satish

	--