Re: linux reboot

Michael Lodman wrote:
I have Redboot booting Linux on an Intel IXP425 based system.

I have just added a second 16M flash chip, for a total of 32M.

When I type the Linux "reboot" command it corrupts the Redboot
configuration. The flash regions do not overlap. When I power cycle it does
not corrupt the Redboot config.

Perhaps the rebooting process doesn't really reset the CPU, in which case MMU mappings will still be set up for Linux. Although if it worked before you added the second chip that would be an unlikely explanation.