RedBoot + Configuration tool 2.11 question

Hello,

I am porting the redboot to IXP2400/2800 board. I got the full source from the Intel website.
I am able to build and program the flash.

But I am unable to make the printf working. I am assuming that it could be a ecos configuration issue.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

( I have tested the serial port by sending a character through the it)

To make sure that the configuration is not an issue, I have downloaded the ecos configuration tool ver 2.11,
installed in my machine and read the ecc.ecc file using the tool.

From that, I understood, the redboot sources that I have, has the following packages added to it and both are
enabled. But the package groups are grayed out.

1. 16x5x Generic serial device drivers
2. XScale IQ80310 serial device drivers ( Serial 0 and Serial 1 Ports are enabled )

Also I saw the following configuration corresponding to the packages in the ecos.ecc, It
says that this option is inactive.

/**************** ecos.ecc Configuration file *****************************************/

cdl_package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X {
    # Packages cannot be added or removed, nor can their version be changed,
    # simply by editing their value. Instead the appropriate configuration
    # should be used to perform these actions.

   # This option is not active
    # ActiveIf constraint: CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL
    #     CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL (unknown) == 0
    #   --> 0
    # ActiveIf constraint: CYGINT_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X_REQUIRED
    #     CYGINT_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X_REQUIRED == 0
    #   --> 0

    # This value cannot be modified here.
    # Flavor: booldata
    # Current value: 1 v1_24
    # Requires: CYGPKG_ERROR
    #     CYGPKG_ERROR (unknown) == 0
    #   --> 0
};

Do I need to keep only the 16x5x Generic serial device drivers and remove the XCSALE based
serial drivers?

Can some one help me to understand?

Thanks in advance.

G.Muruganandam