Re: Accessing Flash memory (PLEASE HELP) !

Quoting "iulian im. marinescu" <imarinescu@omnirei.net>:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am using the Falcom F35XXL model which has 1Mb od RAM and 1 Mb of
> Flash memory !
> I was trying to save some data into the Flash memory without much
> success ... i tried everything : accessing the functions from flash.h,
> direct memory access with memcpy() since the Flash memory is virtually
> mapped at the adress 0x0400000 in this system, i even tried to do what i
> want with the system() calls calling RedBoot 'fis write' and 'fis load'
> !

The F35XXL comes with RedBoot (including flash driver). If you want to use
flash in your application you can use the very same driver. Look at the
file flash_am29xxxxx.inl for available flash functions.

But there's one thing you have to take care about: debugging on the V850
is based on an periodically generated NMI. This could cause conflicts if
the NMI handler is located in flash and you're simultaneously trying to
write/erase flash...

Wolfram
--
Wolfram 'L.A.' Kattanek     Institut fuer Mikroelektronik- und
Email:       LA@imms.de     Mechatronik-Systeme (IMMS) gGmbH