arm-elf-gdb simulator

hello

i try to execute this simple code with gdb

int main(){
return 0;
}

when i run the file gdb is still waiting, i don't have
any message

that what i type for executing this code:

[basile@dt1330 test]$ arm-elf-gdb -nw foo
GNU gdb 5.3 (eCosCentric)
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General
Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show
warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=arm-elf"...
(gdb) target sim
Connected to the simulator.
(gdb) load
Start address 0x8000
Transfer rate: 192 bits in <1 sec.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/basile/arm/test/foo

0xa7363070 in ?? ()
(gdb)

that my command for the compilation:

arm-elf-gcc -mcpu=arm9 -Wall -g
-I/home/basile/arm/ecos/920T_install/include
-L/home/basile/arm/ecos/920T_install/lib -nostdlib
-Ttarget.ld foo.c -o foo

my include and librairy were built with the default
package in eCosconfig

that my questions
-why this code can't run ?
-how can i have debug message ?
-Are my flags for compilation set correct ?

thank you