Re: fgets problem

> Ok, this makes sense.  I am using the diag serial device driver.  But I have
> only one uart on my hardware.  And when I try and disable the diag serial
> then I get a conflict with libc, even though I have added another serial
> driver.  Can I get this to work with only one device?

What i _think_ you need to do is edit:

# Console device name
# This option selects the TTY device to use for the console.
#
cdl_option CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_TTY_CONSOLE {
    # Flavor: data
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value "\"/dev/ttydiag\""
    # value_source default
    # Default value: "\"/dev/ttydiag\""

    # The following properties are affected by this value
    # option CYGDAT_LIBC_STDIO_DEFAULT_CONSOLE
    #     DefaultValue: CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_TTY_CONSOLE
};

Change it to /dev/tty0

You also need to enable CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TTY_TTY0 and
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES

Here is an import file which at least does not give conflicts....

cdl_savefile_version 1;
cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_version {};
cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_command {};
cdl_savefile_command cdl_configuration { description hardware template package };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_package { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_component { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_option { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_interface { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };

cdl_configuration eCos {
    description "" ;
    hardware    pc ;
    template    default ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_I386 current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_I386_GENERIC current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_I386_PC current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_I386_PCMB current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_IO_PCI current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_I386_PC current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_INTEL_I82559 current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_I386_PC_I82559 current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVICES_WALLCLOCK_DALLAS_DS12887 current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVICES_WALLCLOCK_I386_PC current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_HAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_INFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_KERNEL current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_MEMALLOC current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_ISOINFRA current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBC current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_I18N current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_SETJMP current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_SIGNALS current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_STARTUP current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_STDIO current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_STDLIB current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_STRING current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_TIME current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_LIBM current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_IO_WALLCLOCK current ;
    package -template CYGPKG_ERROR current ;
};

cdl_option CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_TTY_CONSOLE {
    user_value "\"/dev/tty0\""
};

cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TTY_TTY0 {
    user_value 1
};

cdl_component CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES {
    user_value 1
};

        Andrew