Re: Embedded Webserver

Mark Grosberg wrote:

eCos porting layer in your web server distribution.  Or it this layer
uses the modified GPL that eCos uses, the layer could be distributed
with eCos and the documentation points to the real server.

I'm open to either. I kinda posted to list because I do want to support
eCos and am curious as to what the eCos group typically does for stuff
like that.

More choice is obviously only a good thing.

I have no problem keeping the porting layer within my own tarball. I just
have to get familiar with eCos -- and maybe find some hardware to test
with.

There probably isn't any reason to include the porting layer separately in the main eCos distro as such if the server itself has to be gotten from elsewhere anyway.

But what might be good is if you do make your server a package in the eCos repository, and then it can be distributed as an EPK (which is the standard eCos way to distribute add-on packages).

We can then put that up for FTP on the main eCos site and linked from our contributions page. But Andrew's right that we can't just include pure GPL code in our main distribution.