Re: Redboot-GDB

Hi Nick/Mark/All,

You can test the basic GDB stub entry/exit handling by typing:

$k#6b

I was about to try this with the redboot build from the current cvs source, but Redboot was dying while the context was switched to reach trampoline() of redboot\current\src\main.c after receiving ?$?.

After much debugging I found that in hal_thread_load_context at the last instruction ?movs pc,lr? the SPSR (with I bit cleared) was moved to the CPSR. Thus enabling the IRQs. At this point the ECOS-RTC (tick timer) interrupt was pending & because of which the flow never reached trampoline(). This may be the reason for my other problem too.

Questions (please let me know, which is right & which is not):
1. Is this ok? Can the flow, while switching to trampoline() be interrupted? If this is normal, then I need to debug further to find why it did not resume after the ECOS-RTC interrupt was serviced.
2. I believe the ECOS-RTC (tick timer) interrupt got unmasked at hal_clock_initialize(). hal_clock_initialize() getting called in Redboot at this point; is it normal?
3. hal_clock_initialize() starts the timer & unmasks the interrupt (from this point the timer can generate ARM-IRQs, provided the I bit in CPSR is low). Is this right? Or should hal_clock_initialize() not unmask the timer interrupt.
4. The following lines in hal_thread_load_context of context.s moves 0x13 (with I & F bits low):
ldr r0,[fp,#armreg_cpsr]
msr spsr,r0
Is this right? Or should the I & F bit be high, disabling the IRQs before shifting control to trampoline()?

Please comment on these questions, so that I can solve this issue...

Thanks a lot & Cheers,
-Mike