Evaluating eCOS for a MIPS R4000 based IPMI controller

Hello everybody,

i' am in the process of evaluating a small RTOS for our MIPS R4000 based
IPMI controller. Meanwhile i have
successfully installed eCOS for the first time and have had a short look to
the configuration tool.

eCOS looks very interesting for me but i am asking myself whether it is to
powerful for my 49 MHz core with
1MByte flash and 8 KByte internal and 512KByte external SRAM (no MMU).

Maybe uC-OSII is better suited for this?

What do you believe? How big is the effort of porting an existing HAL to my
hardware?

Thankyou very much in advance.
It is really not easy for me to get a closer look without heavy workin.

Best regards,
Volker Hoermann

Volker Hoermann                              	email:
Volker.Hoermann@fci.com
Staff Engineer Software			tel: +49 (0)89 608 14 174
					fax: +49 (0)89 608 14 174

Force Computers GmbH			www.forcecomputers.com
Lilienthalstraße 15
85579 Neubiberg/Muenchen