ecos porting on arm926ej-s core

Hi,
     i got to port the eCos RTOS on arm926ej-s system board. i found no
reference source code support of this variant under the ecos hal package.
i also found the arm966e integrator support in the ecos hal package.

i have the following questions:

1. i believe arm gnu tools(arm-elf-*,arm-linux-*) support for arm9
   series (to be more specific i.e arm926ej-s processor) is not
   supported from the gnu site and is not freely available.
2. Is this only a variant HAL and platform porting , or i have to start
   from the architecture HAL porting.
3. i believe that since arm926ej-s is implemented on v5TEJ architecture
   which is far different from the late v4T architecture(as per the
   latest support from the GNU), i think i have to port all the 3 sub
   modules of the eCos HAL by myself.

plz some one clear my doubts at the earliest. and also let me know the
approximate time that may be required if i have to accomplish the above
task of porting eCos on arm926ej-s core.

awaiting for a reply,
satish
--

Satish Kumar <satish@bvt.sc.sanyo.co.jp>