clarification need for "tm_baic" test case

Hello,
    Iam trying to run the "tm_basic" test case
available in eCos "kernel" package for my target.

problem summary:
    "
    During the kernel primitives timing measurement,
if the timer interrupt occurs, the timing for ISR is
also taken in to account. Is this is expected
implementation or the ISR timer need to be excluded in
measurement?.

    To measure the timing for the kernel primitives a
the ticks maintained in timer counter is used.
    The timer counter works like this.
    "The timer is programmed to interrupt the
Processor every 1 milli second. The timer is
initialized to count and increment every 1 Micro
second.
    So every 1 microsecond my timer counter will
increment and when it reaches 1 milisecond it will
interrupt the Processor."
    The question is "when the timer interrupt occurs
because it has reached the limit, the timer ISR is
executed". Because of the ISR execution the time taken
for the ISR is also included in the Kernel primitives
timing measurement. Is the time taken to execute ISR
also be included in measurement??.

Regards,
Radhakrishnan R