RE: ecos redboot compile problem.

>  The problem I see with the Code Composer argument is, that
> the working image
> that you are supplying is using a different memory layout
> than current the sram
> ldi file. However I'm not saying that the other layout
> shouldn't work, it just
> didn't for me in my setup.
The raw binary that is supplied by Delphi with their "Linux on the
Innovator" document exists solely to allow the end user to load RedBoot for
the first time on an innovator.  How that binary file was generated is
irrelevant (to the purpose of the "Linux on the Innovator" document), since,
once you run that the first time, you can load whatever version of RedBoot
(or other applications) into FLASH.  Note that there could be other features
added to RedBoot and/or eCos (such as USB support, etc...) that have no
applicability to the first application that was used to load in RedBoot.

Going forward, I would suggest that a fourth configuration be defined: CCS,
that has the minimal set of capabilities required to allow one to load
RedBoot into SRAM via Code Composer.  It would also serve as a starting
point for people, such as yourself, who need to port eCos to a new platform
and want to start by just running RedBoot in internal SRAM on the OMAP.

>  Has anyone successfully built and used a sram image on CCS
> and Innovator, using
> the released sram ldi file?

I am anticipating that the answer will be "No".

--wpd