-Mike.

From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
To: Michael Anburaj <embeddedeng at hotmail dot com>
CC: bartv at ecoscentric dot com, ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com,nickg at calivar dot com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] ecos for ATLAS (MIPS 4Kc)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:44:07 +0100

Michael Anburaj wrote:
Hi,

I uninstalled TCL/TK that I installed earlier using ActiveTcl8.4.2.0-linux-ix86.tar.gz

Then from the RedHat linux's Package manager chose "Kernel Development" which also included TCL+Shared libraries. Eureka! Configtool worked after installing this package.

But this package contains a whole lot of other unwanted stuffs (for now) like the linux source & some stuff. This is taking most of my free disc space.

You shouldn't need the linux source. You should be able to remove that using something like "rpm -e kernel-source". You probably selected all the kernel development packages, not just TCL so there's probably more than that you can get rid of if you know what was installed.

Please let me know why the installation with ActiveTcl8.4.2.0-linux-ix86.tar.gz did not work?

It's evidently not compatible with Red Hat Linux 9, and/or doesn't provide a libtcl.so that the config tool requires sorry.