reentrant mutex

Will reentrant mutex support be added in the near future? I ask because this
functionality is currently missing in 2.0 beta. I scanned through the email
archives and noticed that topic was brought up a while back. There didn't seem
to be much of a desire to support a reentrant mutex. I'm hoping that there has
been a change of heart on the topic.
Does someone have a patch?