IPv6 ::1 route?

Hi Folks

Any IPv6 experts out there?

eCos's routing table does not contain a route for ::1/128, the IPv6
loopback address.

>From what i can find on the net, i would expect to see something like:

Kernel IPv6 routing table
Destination      Next Hop          Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
::1/128          ::                UH    1      1        0 lo

What normally adds this on a FreeBSD system? Does the kernel do it
automatically, or is it added by a startup script from user space?
I've not found the answer to this via google.

Do we need to add this functionality to eCos? It seems so.

I've extended the ping_lo_test to ping ::1. This works OK if i only
have the loopback interface, but if i have a real ethernet interface
as well the sendto falls with routing errors.

   Thanks
      Andrew