Re: scheduling descrepency in eCos

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 06:49, Rajan Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  We are facing a scheduling problem in eCos anonymous cvs
>  (used for Motorola PowerPC860).
>  We have a thread each at priority 14 & 25. Priority 14
>  thread has a "gets()" in its code and hence always waits
>  for some input from keyboard. So, ideally, this priority-14
>  thread should get descheduled and the lower priority thread
>  (ie, priority-25) should get CPU, but this is not happening.
>  We found that Priority-25 is not getting CPU at all!
>  What could be the reason?

Where does the data from 'gets()' come from?  If it's the
user console, then you'll need to use the serial driver
(which is interrupt driven).  By default this will go through
RedBoot which does not use interrupts.

Search the archives - there was a long discussion about this
just a few weeks ago.

--
|       Mind: Embedded Linux and eCos Development        |