Re: malloc initialization problem

sensitron medical wrote:
That was indeed the problem. Thanks.

This brings up another issue I have. I've looked
through the documentation and must confess that I
still am a little confused about the relationship
between:

1. mlt*.mlt

The MLT save file

2. mlt*.h
3. mlt*.ldi

Both files generated by the MLT after reading its save file. These files are then used with building eCos.

4. target.ld

Linker script as generated by the build process after joining together the architecture's linker script template with the specific .ldi file generated by the MLT.

Can you explain how each is created and used, which
ones I need to edit, which are generated, etc.? Can
you explain in terms of both the GUI and manually
editing?

Sorry, no time for all that for "free" ecos-discuss users. I'm biased of course, but <http://www.ecoscentric.com/support.html> is a better route if you need guarantees about support.

Also, I cannot for the life of me find the Memory
Layout Tool or Window in the 2.0 GUI. I also cannot
find any documentation on how to use it.

It was one of the few remaining unimplemented parts of v2.0 relative to v1.x. Sorry. An old 1.x tool (e.g. from <http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html>) will still work with the 2.0 repository for those who really need the MLT.