Re: need cdl help

Bart Veer wrote:

Jifl> Actually it is a bit of a mistake. When the interface has no Jifl> implementations, the requires will have no effect because Jifl> the interface will then be inactive (in the CDL sense). So Jifl> in practice this would permit no watchdog implementations.

No. By default interfaces have the data flavor, not bool or booldata,
so they are always enabled. Hence the "requires" property is always
active, whether it belongs to the package or to the interface. It can
be argued that the "requires" property is more properly associated
with the package or the interface. IIRC in an early implementation the
"requires" property did have to belong to the interface, so much
existing CDL will reflect that.

Hmm... I'm sure I remembered something about you saying *not* to use a requires within an interface for some reason like this. Am I thinking of something different but related? Perhaps it _was_ about using active_if in the parent package.