Re: _impure_ptr ??

    Thomas> I once proposed this, it has been rejected. See
    Thomas> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2002-06/msg00013.html
    Thomas> and related postings.

In due course, hopefully for eCos 2.1, we want eCos to have full
libstdc++ support. That will require quite a lot of functionality from
the existing libsupc++, not just __cxa_pure_virtual(). In particular
we'll probably want to reuse the libsupc++ exception handling support,
not replicate that stuff in eCos itself, because implementing
exception handling is nasty.

Hence the correct approach is to use as much as possible from the
existing libsupc++, overriding only when absolutely necessary.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect