Re: Running an application - How to continue without gdb

> Particularly since the problem is probably that diagnostic output will still
> want to use the GDB protocol and therefore expect an ACK from GDB, which
> never arrives so the target stops.
>

> Jifl
> --
> eCosCentric    http://www.eCosCentric.com/    The eCos and RedBoot experts

Ah, I see now. I thought there's no gdb communication since the application
has no input/output but just a loop. Of course there's gotta be. Thank you
for your guidance.

But isn't this preventable without modifying source, i.e. if I disable any
diagnostic output/debugging totally from configuration? Because I do not need
debugging at all.

In fact is it possible to disable it from the configuration options? Or still
need to change haldiag.c file as you say?

Because I see that HAL option "Route diagnostic output to debug channel" is
checked but disabled for modification. Also there are other options like Rom
monitor support, external break support etc. which I'm not sure whether to
disable.

I checked the archives, couldn't find a post on disabling debugging; checked
HAL docs as well, there's not much on debug enable/disable. I'd be delighted
to have enlightment.

Cheers,
Bahadir