Re: [eCos v1.3.1/net] Old-style path convention results inRun Tests error

Cabeze de Vaca wrote:

One year later, is this the definitive answer to this problem? Is there anything else a beginner could do to resolve this issue, or is it a lost cause? Should we just abandon v1.3.1/net altogether?

Yes, 1.3.1/net is too far from the current state of the art (hence the upcoming 2.0 release!). So instead use anoncvs and the tools from http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html

One of the proposed solutions was to switch to an older version of
Cygwin, but I'm not sure if such a version is still circulating around
the Internet.

It isn't any more. Cygwin unfortunately only releases the last two versions of the DLL. This is causing us problems right now as both cygwin 1.3.19 and 1.3.20 have significant problems (in fact two in 1.3.20, one of which is easily corrected and has already been reported on the cygwin lists, and the other is still being investigated).

Being unfamiliar with CVS, I chose to download eCos v2 full beta
snapshot from ecoscentric.com. It's impressive, but I'm not interested
in the source code at this very moment, since I wouldn't know how to
compile it -- I don't have the knowledge for that.

It can be tricky!

I could get the company I'm working for to pre-order eCos 2.0 Beta
CDROM. Would that be the best thing to do?

Or download it by FTP when it's released.