RE: Status of PPC40x in eCos?

# From: Andrew Lunn [mailto:andrew.lunn@ascom.ch]
# Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 8:44 AM
# To: Niklaus Giger
# Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
# Subject: Re: [ECOS] Status of PPC40x in eCos?

Wow - someone beat me to it, I was planning on asking the very same
question!

# It looks like there are no targets for the ppc40x. This happens when
# the target board RedHat was developing for was a customers custom
# board and not a standard board. In those cases, the generic parts are
# made public, but not the customer specific parts.

Hmm.  We're looking hard at the Xilinx FPGA core with the embedded PPC405
for a future project... it would be for us good to know what other
development efforts are occurring for the PPC405, as we don't really have
the resources at this point to bring up a new port from (substantially)
scratch.  In that circumstance, we'd probably just end up running Linux.

However, if there's additional development going on, there's some chance
that we might be able to pitch in on it.  (The project is at least a couple
of months off, though.)