Re: compiling code using posix functions.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 12:17:17AM -0800, Chaitanya Vakkalanka wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the reply. I am on windows XP. Actally, I'm
> getting similar errors (Invalid token in expressions)
> even when I use the ecc file given in the CD that
> comes with the book. I'm really confused why this is
> happening. About line ending..I'm writing no
> code..just using the file given in the examples. I

M$ uses CRLF, Unix systems only use LF. Now, the C standards say that
nothing can follow a \ at the end of a line. For native M$
filesystems, you get a CR after the \. Thats your invalid token. Now
cygwin can translate these CRLF to LF. You have to tell it to do this
when you mount the filesystem. Go read documentation about this.

> Do you suggest me to work on Linux instead?

If you can yes. It all works much easier on Unix like systems. All the
tools were written for Unix systems so its a lot less hassle getting
them working.

> And, do I need to bother about the redboot stuff while compiling and
> building the executable of the application? I mean, I first want to
> run it on my machine.

What do you mean by "on my machine". Do you want to boot eCos on a x86
PC? Then read the getting started documentation for i386
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tutorials/i386pc/ecos-tutorial.2.html.

Do you want to run it as a process on Linux? Then you should read
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/synth/arch/synth-install.html

All the questions you have asked so far can be answered by reading the
online documentation.

       Andrew