HAL macros and RTC

Hi,

In most hal, CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_xxx macros are used to describe all the
different Interrupts vectors. Most of the CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_xxx are arch
specific however. For example some arch define CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_TIMER0
and _TIMER1 whereas other could define _TIMER1 and TIMER2 or just _TIMER if
they have only one. So i assumed that those macros where completely arch
specific and I defined a CYGNUM_HAL_RTC to the interrupt vector of an
hardware clock.

Unfortunately this macros is used as by the kernel (in clock.cxx) as the
interrupt driving the kernel internal clock. So i actually have to define
CYGNUL_HAL_INTERRUPT_RTC as CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_TIMER and find another name
for ny hardware clock.

Would you think it would be a better idea to let the
CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_xxx macro arch-specifique and come up with a generic
name to be used by the kernel ?

The name doesnt matter really, it's just that I got confused on that...

Thanks,

--
Fabrice Gautier,
Fabrice_Gautier@sdesigns.com