Re: USB support in ECOS

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 11:57, Ravi Kumar B S wrote:
> Gary D. Thomas wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 11:22, Ravi Kumar B S wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I want to know if there is the USB support in the ECOS for the PC
> >>environment.
> >>
> >>Basically i am interested in the USBD and HCD part of the USB stack.
> >>

> >Sorry, but there is currently no USB host support for any platform in
> >eCos.  We have defined a framework for USB slave devices and have a
> >number of platform implementations available, but no host controllers as
> >yet.
> >
> I understand that for any new platform, USB chip specific code has to be
> written for any new platform.
>
> But i want to know is there are there any components/layers of the
> existing slave USB which can be reused
>
> for the new platform which want the USB support.

Sure.  There is a complete USB *slave* framework already defined.  All
that you have to do to get USB slave support on a new platform is fill
in the details - and reuse the basic framework.

The framework is not suitable for USB hosts, which it would seem you are
really after.  That would have to be defined and I'm not sure how much
of the slave code would be useful in a host driver.  Bart Veer (CC'd)
who was the USB framework driver would be able to best answer this.

--
|       Mind: Embedded Linux and eCos Development        |