Re: Serial interrupts on the AEB

you still have to enable UART interrupts by setting bits in its > interrupt enable register. Refer to the datasheet for how to do this.
I have had a go at this. I have set the Interrupt Enable Register for UART0, UART1 and UART2. I'm not entirely sure which one is the serial line. This has no effect though, my ISR function is still not called when data arrives on the serial line.

I thought stuff like this would be abstracted away by ecos. Isn't that the point of using an OS, to protect you from having to mess with the hardware in such a way? I thought there would be an ecos function like make_uart_interrupts_work(). Or is it because this is so hardware specific that it is still left up to you to do manually.

Gary Thomas mentioned using the serial driver to do all this. Can anyone point me at some example code to get me started?

http://www-student.lboro.ac.uk/~elgcb1/

.

I'm having some trouble getting the serial port to set off an interrupt on the ARM evaluator board. I have successfuly got the interrupt button on the board to set off an interrupt and have appled the same stratergy to the serial port. To get the button to interrupt I used :...
Gareth,

you still have to enable UART interrupts by setting bits in its interrupt enable register. Refer to the datasheet for how to do this.

Harri