Re: Re: Help in testing IPv6

From: Louis Hamilton <hamilton@redhat.com>
To: darth vader <darthvid@hotmail.com>
CC: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Re: Help in testing IPv6
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:57:07 -0600

Testing IPv6 in an eCos target is challenging but not impossible. Some modifications to the TAHI testsuite
Perl scripts are required, mostly to pause the test to allow the user to manually reboot the target, a requirement
for some tests. With a properly configured host running FreeBSD 4.4 w/ TAHI and IPv6 eCos target I was
able to successfully execute a sizeable chunk of the testsuite.

Were these chunks conformance tests or interoperability tests?

Just be sure to utilize the router thread in eCos, which is a port of the FreeBSD rtsold, the router solicitation
daemon, or many tests will fail.
Please excuse me, but I'm a bit of a newbie at this. :)
Can you please explain the router thread a bit?

Our target is an arm based board with RedBoot, but I've heard that routers can't be run along with RedBoot. Also, most of the preliminary tests we have done on our setup is just by compiling test sources with the libraries built from eCos, uploading it to the target, and executing it with go. This is why I thought that the one would have to port the TAHI interoperability test sources to eCos in order to execute them. For conformance, I'm still a bit at a loss on how to get the target to respond.

Thank you very much! :)

Raymund
darthvid@hotmail.com