Procedural and General Information on new network (freebsd) package in cvs.

I would like to try the new network stack on my nano engine.  I am a little
confused how to add it in or build it.  For one thing I don't have an ECOS
1.4.x Package Admin Tool, and I'm pretty sure the 1.3 one must be busted
right? <grin>

Is there a step-by-step on this or do the old tutorial pages or instructions
on this related specifically to the new tcpip stack still apply?
 http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tcpip/tcpip.2.html ).

In particular what is the current CVS code's way of interpreting this
statement:
>  [tcpip support] is installed by adding the file net-10b y .epk where y is
the
> minor version number of this release (located in the root of the software
distribution)

What's the minor version number in latest CVS ECOS sources? Also, I don't
have an ECOS version 1.4 "GUI Package Administration Tool"? Do I have a
command line equivalent? I'm a little stumped.

Also I wonder if the previous 'tests' code all was applied and working on
the new TCP/IP stack. In particular is 'tcp_echo' working?  Has anyone done
this test before on the NanoEngine target? What is the
stablility/performance so far of the new FreeBSD stack versus the old
OpenBSD one? I understand the old one is broken in various ways.

Thanks

Warren