Re: red hat annoucement about eCos drop

On Friday 27 September 2002 12:41 am, patrickgeremia@netscape.net wrote:
> I would appreciate if uou could name the companie working with eCos?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Patrick

Well the main one is eCosCentric.  They are the originators more or less (I
think.)  Their website is http://www.ecoscentric.com.  They are the group
from RedHat, so although RedHat has dropped support, they have an opportunity
to pick it up.

My company is Navosha.  We do support and contract work basically for
anything.  Ecos is one of the things we do work with.  Our webpage is
http://www.navosha.com but it's a bit out of date (it will be up to date in a
week or so).  We have online documentation available at
http://navosha.dynu.com if you want to get a quick reference of what eCos is
capable of.

There is another site that has EXCELLENT and very complete documentation at
http://www4.ncsu.edu:8030/~abdudani/ecos/docs/ as well.

I am sure there are others that support eCos directly as well, maybe they want
to mention themselves?

I don't think there is any possibility that eCos will die out.  My company
sees it as a viable replacement for vxWorks, and it's debugger is a dream to
work with in comparison to the vxWorks GDB of 2 years ago.

-Rich