Re: Who's maintaining CVS

On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 08:26, Scott Dattalo wrote:

> Is it just Mark S. at Redhat?
>
> The reason I ask is because there are several patches getting submitted to
> the ecos-patches mailing list but not all are getting into CVS. (At least
> the tiny one I sent 2 weeks ago didn't). With this kind of volume, I
> personally know that it's difficult to manage (you can commit the change
> easy enough, but testing each and every patch can be *very* time
> consuming).

There are a number of us trying to manage the public eCos sources.
AFAIK, Mark is the only one [left] at Red Hat doing so.

As for your patches, we try to look at them and commit as we
can.  Sometimes though, there are issues such as copyright
assignment, etc, which must be dealt with before anything can
be merged into the repository.

What patch [exactly] got missed?

Testing?  I don't think that there is a whole lot of testing
which can take place at this time - certainly not to the level
that existed 6 months ago.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |