Re: decompression error: incorrect data check

> I'm having problems using the load -d command in RedBoot.  When I type
> "load -d -b 0x00080000 -r -m y" and do a y-modem transfer of my zipped
> up file, I get "Decompression error:  incorrect data check".  I tried
> several different files with both x- and y-modem transfers but still got
> the same error.

> I ran a test where I uploaded a small file (~500 bytes) and dumped out
> the locations in memory where it was supposed to go.  When I compare the
> data that is in memory with my original uncompressed file, it appears
> that the  majority of the file gets inflated without any problems but
> the last 20 to 30 bytes are missing.

> Anybody know why this is happening?  Has anyone seen this problem
> before?

I was able to easily reproduce it. Looks like a recent change to the way
the input streams are handled by the load command exposed a CRC calculation
problem in the zlib code.

> BTW, I'm running on an Altera ARM9 Excalibur board with code I checked
> out of CVS yesterday (05Sep2002).

Update ecos/packages/services/compress/zlib/current/src/inflate.c and
try again. I believe it is fixed now.

--Mark