Re: how to build an eCos library for ARM7tdmi simulator

Scott Dattalo wrote:
On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Robert Cragie wrote:

I have started to use SID (http://sources.redhat.com/sid). This emulates
complete target hardware systems, e.g. the ARM PID, which is based on an
ARM7T. Additional components can be added and the SID configuration file
changed to emulate virtually any target hardware. It is also open source.

Interesting - I had not heard of sid until now.  I compiled it and ran
it, then started gdb/insight with a hello world app, but could not get
any output.  I'm not sure it even ran.

How did you invoke sid?  and gdb?  Did you write your own sid config
file?

This looks like a great shortcut for developing the non-hardware parts
of my code.

-tim