Re: CYGPKG_SDL missing ???

>>>>> "Pascal" == Cusson, Pascal <pascal.cusson@analog.com> writes:

    Pascal> Hi Bart,

Please always post to the mailing list (cc'd), not to individuals.

    Pascal>    Thanks for the suggestions. Here are a few no/yes
    Pascal> questions. I now have the latest of ecosconfig as well as
    Pascal> the latest release of ecos. As suggested in the
    Pascal> instructions I installed the compiler version 2.9.5 with
    Pascal> the patch. Should I install the latest one as well ?

No, use the versions of the various tools specified in the
installation instructions for your target. Using more recent versions
of the tools with eCos may work, or may cause all kinds of trouble.
Unless you really need functionality provided by more recent tools,
it is best to stick to known good versions for now.

    Pascal>    When compiling with the ethernet driver, according to
    Pascal> the old release, I add to include the following packages:
    Pascal> CYGPKG_NET, CYGPKG_NET_ETH_DRIVERS and
    Pascal> CYGPKG_NET_QUICC_ETH_DRIVERS. With the new release,
    Pascal> including the two first package gives me a conflict that
    Pascal> requires CYGPKG_NET_STACK == 1 which cannot be resolved.
    Pascal> However I I only add the last package using the alias
    Pascal> quicc_eth_drivers, everything compile fine. Is my
    Pascal> configuration ok to support the ethernet driver ?

You are doing things the hard way. To create a configuration with the
TCP/IP stack use the net template, for example:

  $ ecosconfig new <target> net

That way the tools ensure that the right packages are loaded and that
various options are set appropriately. It is possible to do all that
by hand, adding packages and setting options manually, but there is
rarely any reason for doing things that way.

Bart